Thursday, February 26, 2009

What to do when you're writing a villanelle and can't think of five words that rhyme with oyster

Oh, you'll go far with that glorious hair;
and those pearly whites, the world's your oyster!
But beware: androgenic alopecia* isn't that rare.

Words you'll deliver with sublime dare,
Whispering sweet nothings like mize and goister.
Oh, you'll go far with that glorious hair.

There'll be parties and offers and loads of fanfare.
Let down your hair, prepare to roister!
But beware: androgenic alopecia isn't that rare.

You'll whirl and swirl, a passionate pair.
But on the lonely hearts club you'll eventually foist her.
Oh, you'll go far with that glorious hair.

Your pad will be a groovy lair.
For you no retreat into a cloister!
But beware: androgenic alopecia isn't that rare.

Your clothes, mon cher, sont très debonair.
Your skin, your lips, could not be moister.
Oh, you'll go far with that glorious hair;
But beware: androgenic alopecia isn't that rare.


*Male pattern baldness

7 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

I believe I very recently said that you are my hero. I would like to say it again: You are my hero! (and my word verification is closeish: cloyper).

Deloney said...

Hoist a pint to Helen! That was fun.

Bridgett said...

Speechless. Wow.

Cedarwaxwing said...

Amazing

Joya said...

I commend you and your rhyming oyster for such an enjoyable read.

Mali said...

I'm running out of superlatives to sound original. Wow will have to do.

pk said...

Heroically moist: bravo!