Go to these ones too
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
A rooster in their midst
A rooster appears to have infiltrated my hens and chicks. No, I haven't invested in an eglu. I'm talking about the succulents in my rock garden. Amidst the sweet little hens and chicks a tumescent protuberance has sprouted which is embarrassingly phallic in appearance. It's probably more appropriately described as funnily phallic, since a number of Dr. Seussian growths are projecting from its head. If there is ever a floral equivalent of the Most Phallic Building contest I believe I may have a winner—as long as performance pressure doesn't turn my phytophallus into a shrinking violet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Helen, you're always worth waiting for. I would love to know what thought processes you go through before you post.
Well, in this case I can't share :).
Wow. My hen and chicks are always so G-rated.
You should try your hand at organic zucchini.
I was immediately reminded of this lovely scene in Mike Leigh's High Hopes but I can't embed it in blogger so I've posted it at regrets.......the cactus motif appears at the five minute mark
I can't resist telling you that the verification is 'slyho'
My mom used to grow hens and chicks.
Mrs. Slocombe: I thought I've seen every Mike Leigh film there is, but have not heard about High Hopes!
Oh, darling, thank gawd you're back.
Mrs. Slocombe: I am glad you didn't resist, the word verification was perfect. And Indigo, thank gawd you're back.
Post a Comment