Friday, November 2, 2007

Mediterranean Diet

Is it the salty air of the Mediterranean
that ionizes romance? Where
lovers share tender flesh and ruby wine,
dogs greet one another with tails a-whirl
anticipating carefree one-night stands
and even the lighthouse darts come-hither looks
at boats that rock with joy.

Is this why people living here
enjoy long and healthy lives?
Or is it because, as dieticians remind us,
they eat lots of fruits and vegetables
and consume monounsaturated fats?

Olives are good for the heart she says.
so is love, he replies.

8 comments:

Deloney said...

Your poem gave me a hard-on.

(How's that for a very first comment on a brand new blog?)

Helen said...

Hmmm... try some procrastination...

Deloney said...

I should have predicted that comeback.

On the subject of martinis: surprise me. I'll try anything.

pk said...

oh you two, honestly.Not you Helen...
And as Wood Allen said 'don't knock masturbation: it's sex with someone I love' He said that before The Fall, so it still counts.
I know his name is spelled wrong but in the circumstances I will let it stand.
Ruby wine dogs eh? I would have gone for wine dark dogs a la Homer. What are you going to procrastinate about now/ Take some time to think about it......

Helen said...

Well, I'm trying to procrastinate even as we speak, but all this blogging is distracting me. Procrastinitus interruptus. (Maybe I should rename this blog.)

Wood (chuckle) Allen had a good line in his most recent film, something about him seeing the glass as half full, but of poison.

pk said...

I'm afraid that that inexplicably well reviewed one about the tennis player with blondie titswobble in it was so awful that now he is Dead Wood : maybe he'll do a remake of Glen or Glenda: now there's a classic.......

Deloney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Indigo Bunting said...

I like love more than olives. But I think black olives look sexy.

I think I told you this before, but this summer a kid at Northbrook had this t-shirt: "Top Ten Reasons I Procrastinate: 1."