A while ago someone told me about a book called Eat, Pray, Love, which is about a woman who goes to Italy to eat, India to pray, and Indonesia (Bali I assume) to love. I haven't had time to read it yet. Last weekend, when I did have some time to read and was making my way through a three-inch stack of newspapers, I came across an article about writing your life in six words. “Cursed with cancer, blessed with friends.” “For sale. Baby shoes. Never worn.” “I still make coffee for two.” “Longed for him. Got him. Shit.” As I was rushing to work yesterday thinking about all the things I had to get done before the end of the day, my six-word life suddenly popped onto a mental page: Eat, pray, love... who had time?
I think I should focus my efforts over the next year on re-writing my autobiography. This one's never going to win a Pulitzer.
Go to these ones too
Friday, March 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I tried. I can't do it. (hey, that's six words...)
But hopefully not the story of your life :)
True! I have had some success...
Hey B, six words again.
Not as hard as I thought.
That could work...
I've led four lives. (So far.)
You're all naturals at six-word lives.
Teenagers! I think God hates me.
Start walking around your house wearing only that ruby-studded thong. That should speed up the moving out process.
Ruby studded thong: massive therapy bills.
well it all started oh bollocks!
Post a Comment