Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bad hair chronology (13): The present, sort of

So now I’m back to lumpy tresses, and people wanting to look for their [lost keys, misplaced white blouse, garden gnome, pet rat, escaped convicts] in my hair.

11 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

I have lost a white blouse. Do you have it, perchance? Could you just check? [Word verification: heduess]

Helen said...

No, sorry, can't find it [word verification: reptio]

Deloney said...

A very summery photo on a very cold morning. [Word verification: yum]

Bridgett said...

You're gorgeous! I'm so glad you took us on this journey--you have come so far from that mullet picture!

[word verification: swear] They kind of freak me out...

Helen said...

Thanks Bridgett, and everyone. This was fun to do. Plus it made for easy posting, since all I had to do was upload a picture and add a few words. [word verification: acelum; was yours actually "yum" Deloney?]

Deloney said...

Well, no...not really...but it should have been!

Mali said...

Yum indeed. I've enjoyed seeing Helen grow up, but not old.
[word verification: sycyche]

Cedarwaxwing said...

So that's where my garden gnome went!

Hey -- I love your hair. I used to pay good money to attempt to look like you.

[word verification: miumor]

(this makes me want to enable catchpas on my blog comments.

Joya said...

Like Waxwing, I'm another who used to shell out mucho dinero to the hairdresser every couple of months just to get hair like yours! I've enjoyed this trip down your hair memory lane (and Bridgett's right-- you're gorgeous!). But, my bad hair moments could give yours a run for their money-- I'm thinking of my third grade Billy Idol-spiked punk hairdo and the junior high mall bangs.

[word verification: omyto]

Indigo Bunting said...

[word verification: hotora. And you are.]

pk said...

So it is as many suspected. Despite your portrayal of self as batty sweater wearing slightly moustachioed cat lady smelling of elderberry gin and poutine, you are in fact a deadset spunk. Even allowing for the Karen Carpenter years. Isn't it always the way? Great larks.
word verification: pdjun.